Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Addiction and debt

Relapse of addiction after treatment is related to debt, according to statistics. Personally, I don't believe in this however I am going to evaluate it anyway. In any psychological disorder, financial status of a person is really a factor in recovery and relapse. For the case of addiction, I don't think that this is more related in comparison to other psychological disorders. I think the effect is the same.

On the other hand, there is this huge industry about drug addiction recovery and they somehow try to inject a feeling of being inferior in comparison to a whole society.

I don't believe an addicted person is less worthy that a person who is infected with a disease. I think professionals sometimes put too much blame on addicts.

Debt is not unique to people who are suffering from drug addiction. Addiction is only a condition. Debt is a problem of the world.

No comments: